Project type: FPSO Sea Eagle
Petrolis has been contracted by SBM offshore to perform Swivels & Legs Replacement on Shell FPSO Sea Eagle. The 3 Month operation has been now been successfully and safely completed.
SCOPE OF WORK
Swivels & Legs Replacement:
- Replacement of portside swivel bearing portside
- Installation of the frame to secure swivel bearing when disconnected
- Assist setup of diamond cutter for cutting of swivel shaft
- Removal of Swivel Bearing
- Preparation and installation of bushes for shaft
- Installation of Swivel Bearing
- Torquing of Swivel Bearing to the main post
- Demob of all Project equipment.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT
The Shell EA Field development is located in the South-East corner of Nigerian block OML 79, some 15 km southwest of the mouth of the Dodo River and about 90 km southeast of Warri
Sea Eagle FPSO, a Floating Production, Storage and Offloading unit, is permanently moored with a soft yoke mooring system which allows the FPSO to weathervane around a fixed piled structure.
The soft yoke accommodates the full vessel motions using a number of articulations. A water-filled ballast tank provides the restoring force in the system to maintain the FPSO in an equilibrium position. Recently, Portside leg swivel bearing has begun to degrade, requiring the need of an emergency repair, consisting in replacing entire Portside leg by Double Chain leg Interim solution, as previously done on Starboard leg in 2010