Location : Angola
Project Type : FPSO and PSV1 (boat support)
Date : 2016
SCOPE OF WORK
- FPSO Hook-up: rope access, general rigging
- Installation of MPP umbilical
- Complete pull-in
- Assist pre-commissioning technicians with set up of equipment for electrical & pressure testing of the umbilical riser
- Assist divers & hydra-tight technicians with final installations on umbilical riser & bolt tensioning on bend stiffener
- Demobilization of all equipment
Type of personnel: RAT – Rigger
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT
The first field discovered on Angola’s offshore Block 17, Girassol is located 93 miles (150 kilometers) offshore in waters measuring approximately 4,600 feet (1,402 meters) deep. The GIR-1 exploration well discovered the Girassol oil field at a true vertical depth of 8,202 feet (2,500 meters) in April 1996.
Total E&P Angola has awarded Technip an engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning contract for Phase 2 of the Girassol Resources. The project includes:
- 21 km (13 mi) of umbilicals
- 13 km (8 mi) of interconnecting power cable between the Dalia and the Girassol FPSO
- Recovery and disposal of four rigid spools
- Installation of eight new flexible spools.
Mr CA (Technip – Operations Manager): “Must recognize good culture & understanding of local constraints (operating in Angola is not easy).
Very good reactivity as well during operations appreciated logistics coverage throughout service.
Really appreciate the team for their professionalism.”